- The Plaza Hotel in New York City first opened its doors in 1907. Over the last century, the prestigious hotel has hosted dignitaries, business travellers and tourists from around the world. Purchased by Elad Properties in 2004 for $650 million, the historic hotel underwent an extensive $350 million renovation. Today, the Plaza has been transformed into an awe inspiring, mixed-use property with 282 private condominiums, a 181-room hotel and 160,000 square feet of high-end retail.
"This system has never been fully implemented anywhere...so it gave them the opportunity to do something first...they sold the fact that they were first...and for a long time the only property in New York offering these things.."
- Elad's goal was to preserve and restore the building's aesthetics, while also adding a state-of-the-art technology platform that would help to propel the Plaza's legendary customer service to an all new level. Their answer? The Amenities Solution from AMX.
"We've installed the AMX amenities system into the building to help bring it out of that dusty Plaza, stagy,...and it's been exciting"
- Billed by many as the most coveted address in Manhattan, the Plaza offers its residents and guests an impressive array of conveniences, all from the touch of a button.
- The Amenities Solution is the most effective way for developers to successfully attract residents who expect the highest level of sophistication when choosing a property. And in the case of the Plaza, it provided Elad with the chance to do something that had never been done – integrate the solution in a mixed-use property consisting of private residences and a hotel.
Customize Services with Ease
- In addition to accessing building services and amenities, residents of the Plaza use their Modero Touch Panel to control their home's temperature and to communicate with the concierge via the building's Voice over IP intercom system. Working with Concierge Direct, residents can also upgrade their home with custom AMX control packages that integrate lighting, shades and A/V equipment, as well as additional AMX touch panels, keypads and remotes.
"By far, the most consistent upgrade is lighting control and automated shading; and then integrating that into the touch panel, and then that of course...after that is definitely TV's and distributed audio..."
- Much like the popular AMX control system, the Amenities Solution is like a blank canvas that can be customized and tailored to fit the unique needs of each property.
- With its extensive building restoration and investment in a flexible technology platform from AMX that can grow and evolve with the property, Elad has re-established the Plaza as one of the most desirable addresses in New York City.